Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"Atlanta"

Atlanta is my home. I was born and raised here, and I love the city and it's southern charm.
When I think about Atlanta lots of things come to mind....Peachtree Street, The Varsity on game day...Go Dawgs, or for some the Jackets. Dogwood trees blooming in the springtime, the Fox Theater, Lenox Mall, and the Pink Pig. Mary Macs Tea Room, The Magnolia Room, and southern belles. The Atlanta Braves, the Falcons, and Gone With The Wind's Margaret Mitchell.
Historic places such as Oakland Cemetery and Grant Park. Hot humid summers, The Biltmore, and Underground. Coke, sweet tea and far to many more things to mention here.

The Atlanta that I love has changed over the years and the population has become much more diverse with the migration of people from other parts of the country as well as some from other parts of the world.

I was raised right, and I know my manners, so of course, I welcome them all.(Southern hospitality we call it here.). I just hope that they remember to adapt to our ways and culture and make them their own, without changes to our city that would be unwanted by the native Atlantans. I mean I would never go to their hometown and try to change it. It would simply be rude.

I am , however, sure that I have nothing to worry about, because some will love Atlanta and stay, and the ones who don't will simply leave and go home. I don't have a doubt in my mind that the ones who hate Atlanta, after they get here, have enough intellect to get directions to the airport, and to be aware of the fact that I-75 also runs north I have all the confidence in the world that those smart people would leave.......why in the world would they want to stay in a city that they felt the need to complain about everyday?

As I mentioned before I was raised right and with good manners, so maybe that's why I have so much trust in the intellect of the disgruntled new people that move to our city.......otherwise I'd rent a billboard and have it read something like:
"BE NICE OR LEAVE"

No comments:

 
Words Of A Southern Lady. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino